Advertisement

EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH A LEADING PIONEER OF NIGERIA AFRO HIP POP




been in love with music eversince i was conscious enough to understand the sound.......... Enjoy the exclusive Chat with Jazzman Olofin below .





HELLO CAN WE MEET YOU?
My name is Olumuyiwa Olofinkuade aka Jazzman Olofin. I'm a songwriter and an entertainer

_____ WHEN DID IT ALL START?
Been in love with music for as long as I can remember, ever since I was conscious enough to understand sound; from around age of 8. Started writing songs when I was around 13 

_____ WHAT'S THE FIRST SONG YOU EVER REMEMBERED HEARING THAT INSPIRED YOU?
It’s hard for me to name the particular one song that first inspired me. I loved afrobeats – the sounds of Fela, afro pop , highlife, R&B, rap, and classic juju – I was such a huge fan of Adewale Ayuba; I also loved pop music. I listened to so many songs across different genres done by great artists back then.

_____ YOUR GREATEST CHALLENGE 
Balancing career and personal life; as I grew older I learnt that huge responsibility is placed on us as individuals no matter what field we find ourselves in. For one to have a well-rounded life, you must be able to multitask, you must be able to handle commitment and you must be able to separate everything and give them their place.

_____ WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO LATELY?
Everything by Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, some Olamide, Phyno, Burna Boy. I always love the sound of Tuface. Davido and Wizkid has  unique sounds  – basically the new Nigerian music. There’s so much new music internationally, I am listening to everyone…but I like Drake’s style and of course my all time favorite, JayZ.

 _____ WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM BY ANOTHER ARTIST?
Anything by JayZ

_____ WHAT SONG OF YOURS ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
I'm proud of all of my songs, I took my time to write all of them. The one track that rocks the world most for me is RAISE DA ROOF, I'm kinda proud of how far the song has gone and still going. It's a classic.  

_____ WHY?
I feel the love, the appeal, the reception the song still gets when it’s played now. I think people appreciate the uniqueness of that sound.

_____ ARE THERE ANY SONGS YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU WISH YOU HADN'T?
None whatsoever!!!

_____ ARE YOU MARRIED OR INVOLVED WITH ANYONE?
Yes I'm happily married – 8 years now with the love of my life, and 3 awesome adorable kids.


_____ BEEN A WHILE WE HEARD FROM YOU IN THE GAME, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?
 Yeah It's been a while I dropped something new, I've been busy attending to private matters but the news is that I'm back in the studio. I'm having fun working with new producers like Ebenjazz and Smooth kiss. I've dropped 3 singles this year (Juleke, Boogatti and Bam Bam) and I still intend to drop more jams.  

_____ WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK IN THE STUDIO?
I am in the studio now

_____ WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING IF YOU WEREN'T A MUSICIAN?
If I weren't a musician I'll probably be a lawyer

_____ OTHER THAN THE PEOPLE YOU'RE WITH NOW, IF YOU COULD GET ANY MUSICIAN, LIVING OR DEAD, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH 
One artist I'll like to work with is Jay-Z, he's awesome!




_____ HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CENSORSHIP?
Well censorship is not too bad cuz it help control contents in lyrics so that it won't have too many negativity. We have kids out there listen. Some artists would sing lots of rubbish just to sell. But I think there are some songs that aren't all that negative but are banned still though.

_____HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN ANYTHING AND THEN DECIDED IT WAS TOO HARSH?
Well, yes. A few times I've written something that’s a bit harsh that I've corrected.

_____ WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOU?
Music, new music… and more music. I and a special team of people are exploring the prospects of hosting a new talk show, that should hit the TV screens soon. I would like to anchor a reality show or sit as a judge and mentor young acts, help them learn the art of fusion across borders to create unique sounds of Nigerian music. These are a few of the things I am currently working on.

_____ WHAT HAS CHANGED IN THE INDUSTRY?
The industry has grown so much, its reached international standard. I'm happy about it. When we started it was just a dream and now time has made it reality.

_____ IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WILL LIKE TO CHANGE 
Feels good to see what I helped pioneer continue to grow non stop, bringing out great young talents. Right now I'm working hard on my next album, I intend to feature new talented artists.

_____ MESSAGE TO YOUR FANS
My massage to fans is to keep it real, say no to drugs and violence. Be your brother's keeper.

                                                                             



EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH A LEADING PIONEER OF NIGERIA AFRO HIP POP EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH A LEADING PIONEER OF NIGERIA AFRO HIP POP Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, September 11, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thank you for checking , kindly drop a comment.

©. Powered by Blogger.